Twitter Profile Changes Strengthen Brand Messaging
By upgrading the aesthetic elements of Twitter profiles, they’re now providing individuals & brands with more opportunities to strengthen their branding messages in the digital space. The addition of a “Header Image” – which could be likened to the Facebook cover photo – allows users to upgrade the look & feel of their profiles. With the right marketing & creative minds at work, this will also be great for brands as they continue searching for ways to strengthen their digital marketing presence!
Header Image Ex.
How does this affect you & How do you do It?
As it stands today, Twitter isn’t pushing the new profile changes automatically. That means you can disregard this post & do nothing to keep the old profile layout if you choose to do so. However, since you’re here & have read this far, switching to the new profile layout & adding a custom header image is simple. The process is slightly different depending on whether you’re executing it through the website or using an app, so we’ll outline the steps for changing your profile through both the website & the iPad app.
From the Website:
- After logging in, head to the profile editing page by visiting https://twitter.com/settings/design. You can also access this page by either clicking on the “Edit your profile” button on your profile page or the “Settings” (gear icon) on the right side of the top menu bar & selecting “Edit profile”, and clicking “Design” on the left menu.
- Scroll past all the themes you’re use to seeing, & you’ll eventually see the new “Header” option. From here, you will just need to choose an image from your computer to upload as your new header.
- Once you’ve chosen the image, you’ll have the ability to zoom or reposition it before uploading.
- Admire your art…
From the iPad App:
- Navigate to your profile page by clicking on the “Me” icon on the bottom of the menu on the left of the screen
- Click the Settings gear, & select “Edit profile”
- Select the “Header” option at the top of the menu that pops up
- Choose an image file from your mobile device. If you have a camera on your device, it will also give you the option of taking a new photo. Just like on the website, you have the opportunity to adjust the size & positioning of the image before adding it
- Admire your art…
Here at SPYCH, we’re always on the lookout for creative brand messaging & examples of good work. Include your Twitter handles or other great examples you’ve seen in the comments so we can check them out & show you some love!